Friday, November 2, 2007

Book 'em, Danno!

Cookbook's are certainly a fetish item for me. Since I work at a publishing house, I'm constantly bringing home new cookbooks to the tune of one or so a week. But when I'm honest with myself, I only occasionally attempt new recipes from the dozens of books on my shelves. Lately I've been much more diligent about exploring new recipes in the books I have, and I've had some nice successes.

Michael Ruhlman recently asked readers to write in with cookbook ideas they wish existed. It's a pretty interesting and comprehensive thread.
In other news, I just got my hands on a copy of Made in Italy by Giorgio Locatelli. It's a really sweet book--Locatelli is sort of the Mario Batali of London, and the book has narrative, recipes, and lots of intense photos. Check it out if you get a chance.

No comments: