Friday, January 2, 2009

Obama Foodorama


Happy New Year all! Thought I'd share a few thoughts on Obama Foodorama, LA blogger Eddie Gehman Kohan's site that captures food-related news about our president-elect.

This morning I finally got around to reading Michael Pollan's piece in the NY Times magazine. It's worth the read, but if you're short on time, Jeremy previously posted the Cliffs Notes. Thanks Cease! The article led me on a search for related content. Enter Obama Foodorama. I'll admit that global warming aside, I hadn't thought much about Obama's position on food in comparison to his stance on other issues (like global friendliness). But yeah...this is so fascinating and necessary when you think about how food affects pretty much everything we do.

Obama Foodorama blends news with fluff (e.g. Michelle Obama is a fan of Paula Deen. Yes!) and the the occasional examination of policy. I'm hoping that as Obama transitions into office, the blog will continue the fun while increasing a focus on the desire for massive (gasp!) political change. Surely I'm not the only one wanting to see a victory garden planted on the carefully tended White House grounds.

No comments: